Create and print ceremony programs
A funeral program is a piece of paper or small brochure that describes the content and schedule of the funeral or memorial service.
A printed program helps attendees follow along during the funeral service more easily because it gives background about the deceased, identifies speakers, and provides text to read in unison.
Good to Know Sometimes, funeral homes will provide services for the design and printing of these programs, but they can be purchased anywhere. You do not need to purchase them from a funeral home.
Compare services and prices between the funeral home, local stationery stores, and online retailers, who all offer designs to customize and can ensure an on-time delivery.
What goes in a funeral program?
Though funeral program designs are often created from standard templates, you can make them anything you want to best represent the deceased.
Regardless of its design, the following information is typically included:
- The full name of the deceased (and maiden name, if applicable)
- The dates of their birth and death
- Photo of the deceased
- Information about the service (date, time, location)
- Additional services / event information (date, time, location)
- Itinerary of events in the order in which they will take place (officiant, eulogizers, additional speakers, musicians, etc.)
- Names of surviving family members
- Name of any officiants
- Name of anyone delivering a speech or eulogy
- References and titles for any songs played or sung
- References and titles for any poems or readings or scripture
- Sentiments of gratitude from the family to guests
- Brief biography of the deceased
- Hobbies or places of employment of the deceased
- Charity donation information