Plan the funeral and additional events
After a final disposition has been chosen, and its associated products and services have been purchased, it's time to organize the funeral service, memorial service, and other events and types of commemoration ceremonies.
This chapter describes the components of traditional ceremonies, but these are highly personal events. So, when planning, make sure to include anything of importance to the deceased and surviving family.
Good to Know Organizing these events can be difficult because they include lots of moving parts, so feel comfortable asking friends and family for support. It may help to create a text, WhatsApp, or Facebook Messenger group to easily share information.
Contact Us If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
- Choose the funeral date, time, and venue
- Select officiant
- Choose additional speakers
- Make a guest list
- Set a sympathy gift policy
- Write and publish an obituary
- Create memorial website and invite guests
- Create and print ceremony programs
- Create a guestbook
- Collect remembrances
- Choose the deceased's clothing
- Write a eulogy
- Arrange for post-memorial activities
- Determine food and beverage service needs
- Hire event support staff
- Organize event accessories