Cancel magazine, newspaper, and other mail subscriptions

To prevent unwanted bills, cancel or transfer the deceased's subscription to newspapers and magazines.

You will want to cancel delivered subscriptions quickly as piled up mail is a sign that a home is currently unoccupied.

If the subscription was paid for upfront (e.g., a yearly magazine or newspaper subscription), you may want to change the delivery address rather than cancel the remainder of the subscription.

Check to ensure that all final payments have been made so as to not pay interest on overdue charges.

These final bills should be paid by the executor of the estate, using money from the estate during probate.

If the newspaper the deceased received is not listed below, contact that publication’s customer service number for more information.


On this page