Create an "In case of death" Binder
Once you have created and gathered important documents, these should be organized in a binder.
Use personal preference to create either a digital or an analog binder. Someone in your family should know where to locate this binder.
Compile important information into a single place.
Include the following documents and information:
- Living will, advance directives
- Medical POA
- Life insurance policies
- Information on prepaid funeral/final disposition services
- List of anyone who should be contacted in case of disability or death
- Where any of the above can be found
For brevity and security, you might just list where information can be found, such as:
- The law firm where will is recorded
- Where to find passwords
- Where to find financial records
Providers to Contact
Estate Attorneys Near You
Estate planning attorneys can help you plan for your incapacity or death. They can help you create a comprehensive plan that provides for your loved ones in the event of your death.